- Emergency Helpline No- Bokaro- Rly- 86192, BSNL- 06542-253071, Airtel- 9102483821, Jio- 8509383826, ADRA- 9163383910, BHAGA- 7858800635, BURNPUR- 9163383917, PURULIA-9163383936, BANKURA- 9163383923, CHANDIL- 7858800653, ANARA- 9163383932, BISHNUPUR- 9163383925, GARBETA- 9163383927
- Name of Dead Passengers: - 1. Talukdar, 2. Rekha Yadav, 3. Kalawati, 4. Gopinath, 5. Raja Ram 6. Kanika Devi, 7. Nayika, 8. Shivani Kolay, 9. Biplab Ghosh, 10. Mahamaya, 11. Janki, 12. Laxman, 13. Somesh, 14. R Ram 15.Kunti Devi, 16. Shivani, 17. Vijay Jiaswal
- Name of Injured Passengers(SEVER):- 1. Arnab Das, 2. Mr Bose, 3. Dipu Das, 4. Polo, 5. Radhika, 6. Lata 7. Madhav Das, 8. Rupesh, 9. Jaish, 10. Chandan Kumar
- Name of Injured Passengers (Minor Injury)- 1. Madhav, 2. Raxit, 3. Jayato Majee, 4. Nirmal Chanda, 5. Rupesh Kumar, 6. Suresh Kumar, 7. Bikram Singh, 8. Julfiquar
BRIEF HISTORY :
Civilization has flourished on the banks of River Damodar which is rich in mineral deposits all along its course. Most bounteous of them are the Coalfields of Bengal and Jharkhand. They yield the best grades of Coal in the entire Indian sub-continent. Amongst them, the Jharia coalfields produce quality prime coking coal suitable for the steel making. Many of these fields fall in the jurisdiction of ADRA Division.
Adra, a small Railway settlement in the Raghunathpur Block of Purulia district, was a part of the erstwhile state of the Maharajah of Kashipur. In the later part of 19th century, on 14th December 1889, Adra emerged as a railway district of Bengal Nagpur Railway (BNR) with the object of catering to Jharia coalfield and solitary steel plant of Bengal, at Burnpur. The Present day ADRA station dates back to 1905. The ADAdistrict of BNR, formally became a Railway Division in 1962.
JURISDICTION & AREAS SERVED :
Present set up of Railway network of Adra Division covers the following sections:
· ADRA-MIDNAPORE(EXCL. MIDNAPORE,RAJDHANI ROUTE)-154.122 KM
· ADRA –CHANDIL-94.46 KM
· ADRA-ASANSOL(EXCL. ASANSOL)-39.958 KM
· ADRA-GOMOH [ADRA-BJE (RAJDHANI ROUTE),BJE-VAA-MHQ(JC), MHQ-GMO (RAJDHANI ROUTE), EXCL. GOMO]-78.962 KM
· BHOJUDIH-CHANDRAPURA [VIA-TLE-MHQ(GC- RAJDHANI ROUTE),JNN-DDGA, EXCL. CHANDRAPURA] -30.028 KM
· PURULIA-KOTSHILA -35.35 KM
· GOMOH-MURI[(EXCL. GMO,CRP,RJB,TKX-BKSC-KSX - 39.86 KM
· TALGORIA-BOKARO (T.T. LINE - ONLY GOODS TRAFFIC) -32.742 KM
· BANKURA – MASHAGRAM -117.209 KM
The Division is known for its sidings.There are 30 Sidings with total siding length 175.754TKM.
The Division is bounded on the Eastern & South - Western part by W.Bengal and North -Western part by state of Jharkhand . ADRA division serves 4 districts of WEST BENGAL viz. West Midnapore, Bankura, Purulia and Burdwan & 3 districts of JHARKHAND viz Dhanbad, Bokaro and Singhbhum.
There are two main rivers Damodar and Darkeswar flowing through the division. Damodar river called Damuda, Damu means Sacred, da means water. It has number of tributaries and subtributaries such at Barkar, Konar, Bokaro, Haharo, Jamunia, Ghari, Guaia, Khadia, Bhera.
Copyright (c) 2004-2005 "S.E Railways,ADRA Division,ADRA,WEST BENGAL"- All Rights Reserved.
|"Endeavour has been made to make avilable updated and accurate information. Errors, whenever brought to notice, will be rectified. But the Zonal Railway/Production Units/ Corporations /railway Organisations will accept no responsibility and liability, of whatever nature, for the correctness of the material on this website.In this regard, the users are advised to verify the correctness of facts from the concerned official or person." |
Source : South Eastern Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed on: 26-02-2021