Step- wise action to be taken by the claimants for getting interim relief underSection 126 of the Railways Act. 1989.
1. Obtain post mortem report in case of death.
2. Obtain a copy of FIR in case of death / injury.
3. Obtain medical report indicating the details of injuries sustained by the passengers.
4. Get the death certificate from the District Administration in case of death of a passenger.
5. Heir ship title, in case of death.
6. Documentary proof of bonifide of the victim / deceased as passenger of the trainonthe date of accident / untoward incident, if available, otherwise indicate class of Travel ticket / Pass No to the extent below.
7.File the claim in the bench of RCT having Jurisdiction over the site of train accident/ untoward incident.
8.Fill the form for interim relief and attach copies (1 to 7) of these documents & submit the same to the Chief Comml Manager ( Claims ) of the railway under whose jurisdiction the accident has taken place. The address and telephone no. of CCM ( Claims) , S E Railway are (a) 14, Strand Road, 10th Floor, Kolkata – 700001 (b) 2248-9568
9.If you are not sanctioned interim relief within 15 days from the date of submission of request from the CCM/CCO’s office, please contact Dy. CCM (Claims) of the railway for this purpose.