Headquarters of the Benches of the Railway Claims Tribunals with their Territorial Jurisdictions
Headquarters of the Benches of the Railway Claims Tribunals
Territorial Jurisdiction of the Bench.
Gujarat, Union Territory of Diu
Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh
Districts of Bombay, Thane, Raigad, Pune, Nasik, Ahmednagar, Satara, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Kolhapur, Sangli, Solapur, Dhule, Aurangabad, Beed of Maharashtra.
Union Territories of Dadra, Daman and Nagar Haveli.
All districts of Maharashtra except those included in item (i) of column (3) against serial No.5.
Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Chandigarh.
West Bengal, Union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland.
Kerala, Union Territory of Lakshadweep.
Districts of Gorakhpur, Deoria, Ballia, Gazipur, Azamgarh, Mau, Basti, Siddharthanagar, Mirzapur, Robertsganj, Jaunpur, Faizabad, Gonda, Bahraich, , Varanasi, Maharajganj,Kushinagar, Shrabasti,Sant-Kabirnagar,Chandauli,SantRaviDasNagar,,Balrampur ,and Ambedkar Nagar of Uttar Pradesh.
Districts of Agra, Bulandshahar, Moradabad, Bijnore, Mathura, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Aligarh, Saharanpur, Joitiba Phule Nagar(Amroha), Bagpat, Etawah, Firozabad, Gautam Budh Nagar(Noida), Maha Maya Nagar (Hathras), Muzaffar Nagar, Rampur, Pilibhit and Mainpuri of the State of Uttar Pradesh and Districts of Haridwar and Dehradun of the State of Uttarakhand
All districts of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand except those included in column (3) against serial No. 11 & 12.
Union Territory of Delhi
Tamil Nadu and Union Territory of Pondicherry.
Postal Address& Contact Particulars of Railway Claims Tribunals
Name of R.C.T.
Railway Claims Tribunal, 13/15, Mall Road, Delhi-110054.
Thottakat House, Darbar Hall Road, Ernakulum (Cochin) -682016.
2, Esplanade East, Kolkata-700069.
Road No. 16, Railway HQ Complex, Gorakhpur-273012.
Subsidized Hostel Building, South Lallaguada, Secunderabad-500017
Station Road, Guwahati-781001,Office Phone No. 2543927
Sahajanand Arcade,2nd floor, Room No. 205, TopiCircle, 135.Ring Road, MemNagar, Ahmedabad- 380052 ,OfficePhone No.079-25460210
D-255/A, DeviMarg, Bani Park, Jaipur-302016
1st Floor, Cantonment Rly. Station, Bangalore-560046.
3-B Habibulla Estate, HazaratGanj, Luck now- 226001.
Habibganj Railway Station Campus, Habibgan, Bhopal-462016
Central Railway DRM Office ,2nd floor, Kingsway, Nagpur-440001,Office Phone No 0712-2535208
MahendruGhat, Patna-800004.Office Phone No 2670340
Near NayaGhaziabadRly Station, Ghaziabad-201001.
180/PD, Mello Road, 19/T , "WIGWAM"Mumbai-400001
Orissa Forest Development, Corporation Bldg.(2nd Floor). A-84 KharvelaNagar, Bhubaneswar-751001 Office Phone No 0674-2534574
KendriyaSadan Sec-9A, 1V &V- thFloor , Chandiragh-160017
50,Mc.Nichols Road Chetpet, Fresh Ford,Chennai-600031
Railway Electrification Building, Opposite Railway station,, Ranchi
Application under Section 16 of the Act in respect of claims for compensation arising out of accident to a train.
Title of the case: Name of the applicant ---------------- Applicant / s
U.O.I through G.M. / ------------- Respondant
S. No Description of documents attached Page No.
1. Railway report, if any.
2. G R P S’s report
3 Railway ticket or authority to travel.
5 Post-mortem report.
6 Legal heir certificate
7. Medical certificate, in case of injury
Signature of the Applicant
, Date of filling
For use in Tribunal’s officeOr
Date of receipt by post
Registration No.Signature for Registrar
The Railway Claims Tribunal.
I._________, son / daughter / Wife / Widow of ________________ residing at__________ having been injured in railway accident hereby apply for the grant of compensation for the injury sustained.
I. _________son / daughter / window of ___________ residing at______________________hereby apply as dependant for the grant of compensation on account of the death / injury/ sustained by Shri / Kumar / Shriman/ Shrimati______________ son / daughter / wife / widow of Shri / Shrimati_________ who died / was injured in the railway accident referred to hereunder.
Necessary particulars in respect of the deceased / injured in the accident are given below:
1. Name and father’s name of the person injured / dead (husband’s name in the case of married women or widow.):
2. Full address of the person injured / dead.
3. Age of the person injured / dead:
4. Occupation of the person injured / dead:
5. Name and address of the employed of the deceased, if any:
6. Brief Particulars of the accident indicating the date and place of accident and the name of the train involved:
7. Class of travel and ticket / pass number, to the extent known:
8. Name of injuries sustained along with medical certificate :
9. Nature and address of the Medical Officer/ Practioner, if any who attended the injured/ dead and period of treatment:
10. Disability for work, if any caused:
11. Details of the loss of any luggage on account of the accident:
12. Has any claims been lodged with any other authority? If so, particulars
13. Name and permanent address of the applicant:__________________
14. Local address of the applicant, if any ___________________________
15. Relationship with the deceased / injured:____________________
16. Amount of compensation claimed:_________________________
17. Where the application is not made within one year of the occurrence of the accident, thegrounds thereof:____
18. Any other information or documentary evidence that may be necessary or helpful in the disposal of the claim _
19. Mention the documents, if any , filed along with applicationI, _______________ _______solemnlydeclare that:
a) the particulars given above are true and correct to the best of any knowledge and
b) I have not claimed or obtained any compensation in relation to the injury / death ,whichis the subject matter of the application.
Signature or the thumb –impression of applicant
Name of witness and his address in case left thumb Impression is put by the applicant
I, ___________________(name of the applicant) S/o, D/o, W/o_______________________ _____________________
Age__________________resident of_______________ Do hereby verify that the contents of paragraphs to are true to my personal knowledge and paragraphs _ to _ arebelieved to be true to the best of my knowledge or the legal advice given to me and that I have not suppressed any materials l fact.
Signature of the applicant
Railway Claims Tribunal,
ANNEXURE - IV
RECEIPT SLIP NO.
Received an application filed before the_________Bench of the Railway Clams Tribunal on _______by Sri / Kumari / Smt______________________
For the Register of the Bench of the
Railway Claims Tribunal
Step- wise action to be taken by the claimants for getting interim relief underSection 126 of the Railways Act. 1989.
1. Obtain post mortem report in case of death.
2. Obtain a copy of FIR in case of death / injury.
3. Obtain medical report indicating the details of injuries sustained by the passengers.
4. Get the death certificate from the District Administration in case of death of a passenger.
5. Heir ship title, in case of death.
6. Documentary proof of bonifide of the victim / deceased as passenger of the trainonthe date of accident / untoward incident, if available, otherwise indicate class of Travel ticket / Pass No to the extent below.
7.File the claim in the bench of RCT having Jurisdiction over the site of train accident/ untoward incident.
8.Fill the form for interim relief and attach copies (1 to 7) of these documents & submit the same to the Chief Comml Manager of the railway under whose jurisdiction the accident has taken place. The address and telephone no. of CCM, S E Railwayare (a) 14, Strand Road, 8th Floor, Kolkata – 700001 (b) 2248-9568.
9.If you are not sanctioned interim relief within 15 days from the date of submission of request from the CCM/CCO’s office, please contact Dy. CCM (Claims) of the railway for this purpose.
ANNEXURE- VISpecimen proforma for grant of interim relief to the claimant under section 126 of the Railways Act, 1989.
.I, ___________________________son / daughter / wife / widow of_______________ residing at____________________ having been injured in railway accident hereby apply for thegrant of interim relief for the injury sustained.
I, _________________son / daughter /wife / widow of __________ residing_________athereby apply as dependent for the grant of interim relief on account of the death / injurysustained by Shri / Smt / Kumari __________ son / daughter / wife / widow of Shri / Smt._________________ who died / was injured in the railway accident referred to hereunder.
I understand that the Railway relief so granted will be finally adjusted with the final awardto be made by Railway Claims Tribunal in this case.
Necessary particulars in respect of the deceased / injured in the accident are given below.
1. Name and father's name of the person injured/ dead (husband's name in case of married woman or widow)
2. Full address of the person injured dead:_________________________
3. Age of the person injured/dead:______________________________
4. Occupation of the person injured / dead:__________________________
5. Name and address of the employer of the deceased, if any:___________
6. Brief particulars of the accident indicating the date &place of accident and the name of the train involved_______________________________
7. Class of travel & ticket / pass number to the extent knownon____________
8.Documentary proof of bona fide of the victim / deceased person as passenger of the train on the day of accident/ untoward incident, if available.
9. Journey from______________________________________________
10.Nature of injuries sustained along with medical certificate _____________________________
11. Name and address of Medical Officer practitioner, if any, who attended on the injured/dead and period of treatment ______________________________________________
12. Disability for work, if any caused _______________________________________________
13. Name and permanent address of the applicant ________________________________________
14.Local address of the applicant, if any, _____________________________________________
15.Relationship with the deceased / injured __________________________________________
16. Amount of interim relief claimed _______________________________________________
17. Bench of RCT where claim has been filed along with O.A. No. &date __________________
18. Proof of dependency, if the interim relief is sought by the dependant of the injured/dead passenger.
19. Any other information or documentary evidence that may be necessary or helpful in the disposal of the claim for interim relief ________________________________________________________
20. Mention the documents, if any, filed along with application I, _______________________solemnly declare that ____________________________________
THE particulars given above are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Signature or Left thumb
Impression of the Applicant
Name of Witness and his address
In case of left thumb impression is put by applicant
The Chief Comml Manager ( Claims )
South Eastern Railway
14, Strand Road (10th Floor )
Kolkata – 700001
Annexure - VII
Compensation Payable for Death and injuries
Compensation for Death and Injuries.
Amount of Compensation (in rupees).
For loss of both hands or amputation at higher sites,
For loss of hand and a foot
For double amputation through leg or thigh or amputation through leg or thing on one side and loss of other foot.
For loss of sight to such an extent as to render the claimant unable to perform any work for which eye sight is essential
For very sever facial disfigurement
For absolute deafness
For amputation through shoulder joint
For amputation below shoulder with stump less than 8” from tip of acromion.
For amputation from 8” from tip of acromion to less than 4 ½” below tip of olecranon
For loss of a hand or the thumb and four fingers of one hand or amputation from 4 ½” below space tip of olecranon.
For loss of thumb
For loss of thumb and its metacarpal bone
For loss of four fingers of one hand
For loss of three fingers of one hand
For loss of two fingers of one hand
For loss of terminal phalanx of thumb
For amputation of both feet resulting in end bearing stumps
For amputation through both feet proximal to the metatarso-phalangeal joint.
For loss of all toes of both feet through the metatarso-phalangeal joint
For loss of all toes of both feet proximal to the proximal interphalangeal joint
For loss of all toes of both feet distal to the proximal interphalangeal joint
For amputation at hip
For amputation below hip with stump not exceeding 5” in length measured from tip of great trenchanter but not beyond middle thing
For amputation below hip with stump exceeding 5” in length measured from tip of great trenchanter but not beyond middle thigh.
For amputation below middle thigh to 3 ½” below knee
For amputation below knee with stump exceeding 3 ½” but not exceeding 5”.
Fracture of Spine with paraplegia
For amputation below knee with stump exceeding 5”.
For loss of one eye without complications the other being normal
For amputation ofone foot resulting in end bearing
For amputation through one foot proximal to the emetatarso-phalangeal joint
Fracture of Spine without paraplegia
For loss of vision of one eye without complications of disfigurement of eye ball, the other being normal
For loss of all toes of one foot through the metatarso-phelangeal joint.
Fracture of Hip-join.
Fracture of Major Bone Femur Tibia Both limbs.
Fracture of Major Bone Humerus Radius Both limbs.
Fracture of Pelvis not involving joint.
Facture of Major Bone Femur Tibia one limb.
Fracture of Major Bone Humerus Radius Ulna One limb.