Guidelines for Booking of Luggage
1. You are requested to approach the luggage office well in advance before the departure of the train by which the luggage is to be carried .
2. Journey ticket is to be produced for booking of the luggage and an endorsement will be made on the ticket . A luggage ticket will be issued on payment of prescribed charges .
3. Offensive articles , explosives and dangerous articles are not accepted for booking .
4.For booking of luggage , please contact the luggage booking staff / luggage Supervisor available at the stations .
5.Passengers can carry a specified quantity of luggage free of charge according to the class of travel . The following maximum limit , free allowance , marginal allowance will be admissible for carriage of luggage in the compartment .
AC 1st Class
AC 2 Tier Class
AC 3 Tier
AC Chair car
SL Class ( Exp / Ordy )
Second Class ( Exp / Ordy )
Passengers will be allowed to book and carry excess luggage beyond free allowance with them in the compartment upto the maximum limit as per class mentioned in para-1 on payment of charges at 1.5 times of luggage rate .
6. When a passenger is detected either enroute or at the destination with unbooked or partially booked luggage weighing more than the free allowance , the excess unbooked weight exceeding free allowance of luggage will be charged at six times the luggage scale rate . However , if unbooked or partially booked is detected more than the free allowance of luggage but within the marginal allowance , it will be charged at 1.5 times the luggage scale rate . When a passenger is detected either enroute or at destinastion with unbooked or partially booked luggage weighing more than the ,maximum limit permitted the excess weight exceeding free allowance of luggage will be charged at six times of luggage scale rate subject to a minimum Rs 50/-
7. You must produce your journey tickets and luggage ticket at the time of delivery of your luggage .
8. Luggage booked may be re-weighed at the destination / enroute station to verify the correctness of the luggage charges paid .
9. Trunks , Suitcases and Boxes having outside measurement of 100cms x 60cms x25cms ( length x breadth x height ) will be allowed to be carried in the passenger compartments as personal luggage . If the trunks and suitcases and boxes which in outside measurement exceed any one of the dimensions , such articcles are required to be booked and carried in the breakvan and not in the passenger's compartments . Inconveniences caused to fellow passengers may be minimized by booking heavier luggages in the break van .
10. Merchandized item will not be allowed for booking and carriage in the compartment as personal luggage .