E - TICKETING
In the E.Ticketing scheme there is no physical ticket ( conventional ticket as of now available ) Passengers get their reservation booked through internet while sitting at home and occupy their reserved seats on the basis of computer generated slip taken out from their own computer . The Passenger Reservation Slip and the photo identity card will constitute the Traveling authority . The prescribed 10(ten) proofs of identity as mentioned under Tatkal Scheme may be used ( in original ) for identification .
Non-Indian National will have to produce their passport only as proof of identity .
Service charge of Rs 20/- per ticket in lower class and Rs 40/- per ticket in upper class is leviable in addition to train fare .
The booking for e- ticketing is open up to the chart preparation time.
The facility of change of name and boarding point will also be permissible on e- tickets as per extent procedure applicable for normal PRS ticket through Railway Reservation Offices and these facilities will not be available online .
E - Ticket on Mobile Phone ( m - ticket )
1. The screen shot of the e- ticket displayed through laptops / palmtops / mobile phones referred to as virtual Reservation Message ( VRM ) and the Mobile Reservation Message ( MRM ) for tickets booked on mobile phones combined with valid photo-id in original will be treated as an instrument on par with the Electronic Reservation Slip ( ERS ) , even for tickets booked through the IRCTC website .
2. Besides the above , Short Messaging Service ( SMS ) sent by IRCTC / Railwans containing vital details will be treated as an instrument on par with the Electronic Reservation Slip( ERS )
3. The mandatory feature of the authorized SMS are as under :
a) SMS sent by IRCTC / Railways will be considered for this purpose .
b) The SMS should contain all the vital ticket details as illustrated :
PNR : 4231009529 , Train : 16723 , DOJ : 15.7.11 , NDLS to BCT ,
Hari Krishna + 3 , SL 10-13, Fare : Rs 10000 /- , SC - Rs 10 /-(+PG charges as applicable )
c) Also if feasible , the SMS will accommodate the names of all passengers booked on the e- ticket , otherwise maximum number of passengers .
4. The authorized SMS containing all the aforementioned vital details when displayed through laptop / palmtops mobile phones combined with valid photo-id in original shall be treated as an instrument on par with the ERS
5. The ERS / SMS / VRM / MRM along with the following will be the components of a valid authority to travel .
i) Confirmed / RAC reservation
ii) Valid id Proof ( Prescribed 10 i.e. ten ID proof as quoted under heading Tatkal Tickets )
6. The SMS will also have to be displayed during the course of On - Board / Off Board checking . If the passenger fails to produce / display this SMS due to an eventuality ( loss , discharged mobile / laptops,etc ) but has the prescribed proof of identity , a penalty of Rs 50/- per ticket as applicable to such cases will be levied . The ticket checking staff on Board / Off Board will give EFT for the same .
7. The On - Board ticket checking staff will carefully verify the passenger details from the Reservation Charts .
e- Catering ( IRCTC )
ORDER YOUR FOOD AT YOUR BERTH
SMS: MEAL Pnr No and send it to 139
CALL : 1800-1034-139 ( Toll Free ) or 0120 : 4383892-99 (Toll)
or Log on to : www.ecatering.irctc.co.in
PROVISION FOR CARRYING OF ID PROOF DURING JOURNEY ON RESERVED TICKETS
Any one of the passengers , / the passenger booked on the tickets issued from Computerized Passenger Reservation System ( PRS ) and internet ( i-ticket ) , undertaking journey in any reserved class will have to carry any one of the 10 ( ten ) prescribed proof of identity in original during the journey and produce the same as and when required failing which all the passengers booked on that ticket will be treated as without ticket and charged accordingly .
It is decided that Photocopy of Ration Card with Photograph and Nationalized Bank Passbook with Photo - cards duly attested by Gazetted officer or the Chief reservation supervisor or Station Manager / Master shall also accepted as a proof of identity only in case of reserved tickets booked through Computerized Passenger reservation system (PRS ) counters , for undertaking journey in Sleeper ( SL ) 2nd Reserved seating (2S) classes .