SCHEME FOR UP GRADATION OF FULL FARE PAYING PASSENGERS
The Up- gradation Scheme
* With a view to optimise the utilisation of available accommodation in train , a scheme to upgrade full- fare paying passengers to the higher class without any extra charge against the available vacant accommodation is available in all Mail / Express trains .
* The passengers are required to give the option for being considered for up gradation . If no option is given at the time of filling up of requisition form , the same is treated as yes and passenger(s) can be considered for up gradation.
* The passengers for up gradation are selected automatically ( except in cases where the passenger has shown his unwillingness to be up graded ) on random basis by the System at the time of preparation of reservation charts .
* All the passengers on a ticket are up- graded together.
* It is done for block booking transaction .
* If a passenger , who has been upgraded , cancels his ticket , cancellation charges of the original class only are payable . It is advisable to avail the facility ( by exercising the option in the affirmative ) and always to check the status ( coach / berth numbers ) before boarding the train .
Updated as per October 2016 Time Table