CHANGE OF NAME OF PASSENGERS ON CONFIRMED / RESERVED TICKETS
If you are holding confirmed ticket but are unable to travel you can transfer your reserved ticket to another passenger provided a written application is submitted to the Chief Reservation Supervisor of the selected Reservation office at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train. The facility of change of name of passenger on confirmed ticket is not provided to tickets purchased against cancellation.
The discretionary power to change the name will be exercised subject to the following conditions:
- The person to whose name the reservation is to be transferred is a member of the same family (i.e. father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife)
- Where the original passenger is a government servant proceeding on duty and an appropriate authority makes a request that the reservation be transferred to another government servant proceeding on duty on exigency of government service.
- Where the passengers are students travelling in groups and the head of the recognized institution makes a request 48 hours before scheduled departure of train that the reservation made in the name of one student be transferred to another student of the same institution..
- Reservation made in the name of any member of a marriage party may be transferred to any other person on a written request to be made by the head of the party not less than 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
- Reservation made in the name of a cadet of National Cadet Crops (NCC) group may be transferred to another cadet on a written request made by the head of the group 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train.
Such requests for change of name of passengers at (iii), (iv) & (v) above will be ratified if it is not in excess of 10% of the total strength of the group
Updated as per October 2016 Time Table