Advance Reservation through Internet ( www.irctc.co.in )
INDIAN RAILWAY CATERING & TOURISM CORPORATION LIMITED ( IRCTC LTD ) a PSU of Ministry of Railway have developed a system for advance booking of Rail Tickets through Internet . The Web site is very secured . Booking is simple and user friendly .
Booking of Internet Ticket
* Customer should register in the above site to book tickets and for all reservations / Timetable related enquiries . Registration is free .
* Before registration customer should go through the " Terms and Conditions " which are available in the Website .
* Full fare tickets , child tickets and ticket for senior citizens at concessional rates can alone be booked through website . Internet tickets can be booked for journey between any two stations on the route of the trains including originating station and destination station .
* Service charge of Rs 80/- per ticket in lower class and Rs 120/- per ticket in upper class ( Maximum 6 passengers per ticket ) is leviable in addition to the train fare .
* Tickets will be delivered at the customer's address through courier at NO EXTRA COST other than mentioned above .
* A maximum of 4 tickets can be booked in a month by an in individual .
* When the ticket is successfully booked , an e-mail will be sent to the customer detailing the PNR , ticket , status , fare charged etc . In the case of RAC / Wait listed tickets , subsequent alters regarding the latest position are also sent through e-mail periodically .
* If for any reason , the final output of the booking is not displayed in the screen , customer should check in the menu " History of ticket booked " in the Home Page before attempting again .
Payment for Internet Tickets
* Payment can be made using all Master / Visa / Dinners Club , Credit Cards . A service charge of 1.8% is charged by the banks .
* Account holders of 16 banks , including ICICI,HDFC,SBI can use their net banking facility for making payments for tickets booked through the Internet .
* Customers can also use ITZ Cash Card for making payment .
Timings for Internet Reservation
* Tickets on Internet can be booked from 00.30 hrs 23.45 hrs on all days except the date of opening of booking . Booking for opening day is available at 08.00 hrs i.e. at the same time along with PRS Counters ( E-Tickets )
Cancellation of Internet Reservation
* Internet Tickets can be cancelled across any Computerized Reservation in any city within the normal time allowed for cancellation . Refund due will be credited back to the relevant Credit Card / Bank Account on the following day through the payment gateway electronically.
* Internet Tickets which can not be cancelled at the counters due to lapse of maximum time allowed for cancellation should be surrendered at the station and a " Ticket Deposit Receipt " ( TDR ) should be obtained . The above TDR should be sent to the concerned zonal IRCTC office for processing refund . Please E- Mail email@example.com.
Updated as per 15August 2018 TimeTable