The Office of the Dy. FA&CAO (W/S)/KGP is being managed by Sr. AFA (Co-Ordination) & two AFAs at Kharagpur Workshop. The Office caters to the accounts and financial requirements of the Kharagpur Workshop, Wagon Shop, Supervisors Training Centre, Stores Depots and DEMU Haldia of S.E Rly.
- Periodic overhauling of various types of coaching stock viz. AC/Non-AC, EMU Motor/Trailer, MEMUs, DEMUs, SP-ART, SP-ARME, Tower Cars coaches and conversion of Coaches for special purposes.
- POH of all Freight rolling stocks.
- Rehabilitation of BOXN wagons.
- Up-gradation and Rehabilitation of BOXN to BOXNR wagons.
- Rehabilitation of BOBRN wagons.
- Conversion of Single Pipe Air Brake System to Twin Pipe Air Brake System.
ELECTRIC LOCO POH
DIESEL LOCO POH
- The erstwhile Steam Loco Shop has been converted to suit the activities of Electrical Locos and accordingly Shop-No-12 of ERS-POH/KGP has started POH of Electric Locomotives since 1985 to cater the requirement of Electric Locomotives of S.E.Rly. Subsequently after gaining experience, POH capacity was increased to 3 Locos per month. At present the Shop capacity is enhanced to 5 Locos per month.
- Earlier ERS-POH carried out POH of WAM4, WAG5 &WAG7 Class of Locos, from the year 2007-08,POH of WAP4 Locos have also undertaken.
- POH of 3 phase locomotives have been started from the year 2019.
- Maintenance of shunting locos and POH of Diesel Locomotives of Public Sector Undertakings.
- Re-winding of Traction Generator and Traction Motors .
- Manufacture of coils for Traction Machines.
- POH of Diesel MEMU Motor Coach ,Tower Wagon , DEMU DPC and SPART engine car.
- Electric supply to Workshop and Division through 33/11 KV receiving Sub-Station.
- Standby Electric supply through 01 Nos of Diesel Generating sets of 1750 KW for Emergency power backup to SER Main Hospital and DRM building.
- Maintenance of cranes, traversers and electrical components of various machines and plants of the entire Workshop.
- Repair and re-winding of all distribution transformers, pumps, industrial motors, alternators and welding plants etc.
- POH of Electrical portion of various types of coaching stocks viz.AC/Non-AC(ICF & LHB), EMU/MEMU(3-Ph&Conv.), DEMU, SP-ART,SP-ARME, Power cars etc.
- Machine Shop-Machining and finishing of components.
- Plate Shop-Plate work and fabrication. IOH of ICF bogies , POH of CASNUB Bogie ( NLB conversion to HS type ) and SS1 schedule of FIAT bogies.
- Wheel Shop-Repairs of wheel-sets
- Loco Bogie Shop-Repair of Diesel and Electric Loco Bogies.
MACHINARY & PLANTS
- M&P Maintenance & Safety
- Condemnation of M&P:
- Certification :
I T CENTRE
- Maintenance of local area network of Kharagpur Workshop.
- RAILNET Services to all the branch officers and important units of Kharagpur Workshop.
- Design, development and maintenance of website of Kharagpur Workshop.
- Collection of Grievances and its Redressal
- Settlement Cases [ NR ]
- Settlement Cases [ ONR ]
- Court Cases
- Non- GAZ APAR
- Service Review
- HRMS status [ E-PASS , E- PF , Office order issued ]
- Transfer Cases [ IRRT , IRMT , IDRT ]
- Recruitment [ EACG , RRB ]
- Pension Adalat
- Staff Promotion
CHEMICAL & METALLURGICAL TESTING
- Quality control of the items manufactured in the Workshops.
- Qualitative inspection of products and raw materials purchased from outside.
- Physical and Metallurgical analysis of defective components.
- Chemical analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous material, coke, clay, acid, flux, etc.
- Testing of paints, enamels, varnishes, thinner, brush etc.
- Testing of oil, grease, polymer, rubber, plastic, composite, etc.
- Ultrasonic testing (UST) of Axles, Armature shaft, Rotor shaft, etc.
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) of under gear rolling stock safety components.
- Dye Penetrant Testing (DPT) of under gear rolling stock safety components.
To Impart Qualitative and Effective Theoretical and Field Training to the Newly Recruited and Promoted Supervisors to Develop their Professional Competency.
- To Refresh and Update the Technical Knowledge of the C&W Supervisors in the area of the Latest Maintenance Practices to Provide Safe Train Services to the Fullest Satisfaction of Our Esteemed Customers.
- To Refresh and Update the Technical Knowledge & Skills of Loco Running Staff to Provide Safe and Punctual Train Services.
- To Design and Deliver Need-Based Training to Supervisors to Improve their Technical and Supervisory Skills in keeping with changing trends.
- To Mould Supervisors into Effective Leaders to Achieve Organisational Goals.
- To refresh and update knowledge and skill of Ministerial staff in-office procedure and office maintenance.
- To Train the Trainers of All The Training Centres of Indian Railways to become Effective Trainers.
Source : South Eastern Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed : 30-11-2022