दक्षिणपूर्वरेलवे /SOUTH EASTERN RAILWAY
मुख्यसिगनलवदूरसंचारइंजी. काकार्यालय/ Office of the C.S.T.E
गार्डनरीच, कोलकाता – 43/ Garden Reach, Kolkata 43.
Brief Functions of S&T department and its contribution in Indian Railways:
The Signal and Telecommunications department (S&T in short) of South Eastern Railway looks after the Signaling and telecommunication assets, for their efficient and safe working, in order to provide an efficient and safe train operation, smooth administrative working and services to customers. The Major functions of S&T department are as below:
- In Train Operations
·Signalling Systems for Safe and smooth train operations.
·Optimum utilization of line capacity to run more number of trains.
·Providing telecommunication infrastructure for :
- Control Communication for Efficient operation of trains.
- Passenger Reservation System (PRS)
- Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS)
- Freight Operation Information System (FOIS)
- Crew Management System (CMS)
- Coaching Operating Information System (COIS)
·Management of Railways Information Network (RAILNET)
·Railways telephones, networked with all India Railway network.
C. Services to Customers (Passengers)
Signal & Telecom Department provides various passengers amenities for the benefit of traveling public:
- Public Address System is provided at all stations to announce the arrival & departure of trains and other information required by traveling passengers.
- Train Arrival Departure Information
- Train Indication Boards are provided for indicating the train timing and platform numbers.
- Coach Indication Boards are provided for indicating the coach position of the train on the platform.
- BSNL & Railway Telephones at Stations.