RAIL TRAVEL CONCESSION
1. All concessional fares shall be calculated on the basis of fares for Mail / Express trains irrespective of the type of train i.e. Mail or Express or Passenger, by which the passenger travels.
2. Concession shall not be granted for nay journey the cost of which is borne by the Central or State Govt or a local authority or a Statutory body or a Corporation or a Government undertaking or a University.
3. Concessions shall be admissible only in respect of basic fares, No concession is admissible in respect of other charges viz Superfast surcharge, Reservation Fee, etc. Ministry of Railways have decided that concession wherever admissible and child fare in the case of Rajdhani / Shatabdi / Janashatbdi / Duronto Exp trains may be granted only in the basic fare like other Mail / Exp trains and all other charges (Catering Charges, Reservation Charges, Superfast Charges etc ) to be collected full .
4. The Concession will be admissible subject to the minimum distance of 300KM except in the case of Students, Blind, Orthopedically Handicapped / Paraplegic persons, TB and Cancer patients, Kidney patients, Mentally retarded persons. Thalassemia major patients, Heart Haemophilia patients wherever admissible under the rules, in those cases the above mentioned distance restriction will not applied.
5. Only one type of Concession is admissible at a time and no person is allowed to avail two or more concessions simultaneously.
6. Break of journey en-route shall not be allowed on a concession ticket for a journey for a specific purpose ( viz a student travelling to / from an examination center, a cancer patient to / from a hospital etc ) it is allowed only where a break of journey is a natural event .
7. Passenger terminating en-route must surrender their ticket at the station where the journey is terminated, Refund for the untraveled portion on such tickets will not be allowed.
8. Concessions on Indian Railway will be admissible on production of the requisite Certificate from the concerned person / organisation in India and the documents issued by persons / organization in other countries shall not valid for the purpose of concession.
9. At present no concession for Sr Citizens, both male and female are permissible in Indian Railway.
10. The holder of a concession ticket is not permitted to change the ticket to a higher class even by paying the difference of the actual fare. However the categories of person eligible for concession in first class can purchase tickets for A/c 2 tier on payment of the first class concessional fare plus different of actual fare of A/c 2 tier fare and first class.
11. TTE’s are not authorized to extend any concession on trains.