SOUTH EASTERN RAILWAY
SER’s ELABORATE ARRANGEMENTS
FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF THE PASSENGERS
Kolkata, 30th July, 2021
Due to heavy rainfall in Howrah and Kharagpur and water logging on tracks, operation of passenger carrying trains have been disturbed. To overcome the situation and to avoid inconvenience to the passengers, following actions have been initiated by South Eastern Railway:-
1. Frequent announcements are being done at all important stations for guidance of passengers.
2. Enquiry Counters are being manned by Chief Ticket Inspectors and Chief Commercial Inspectors of respective stations.
3. Help Desk at Howrah, Santragachi & Kharagpur have been opened and are being manned properly.
4. Commercial Control is also being manned by officers.
5. Buses have been arranged at Howrah for shifting of passengers to Santragachi to board trains, being short originated.
6. Passengers are also being shifted by other suitable trains to board trains, being short terminated/short originated.
7. Sufficient stock of food items have been made available at all important locations.
8. Bulk SMS are also being sent to passengers regarding cancellation/rescheduling/ short termination/ short origination of trains.
9. UTS & PRS counters are functional for granting refunds.
10. IRCTC has also been advised to ensure proper food and drinking water for passengers in trains.