Booking of Special Train
For the convenience of passengers , travelling in very large groups , Indian Railways also allow exclusive booking of special trains for a minimum distance of 500 kms one way and 1000 kms for a round trip with the minimum composition of 18 coaches . The following are the guidelines .
* An application in the prescribed format is to be submitted to Chief Passenger Transportation Manager of the zonal railway through the Station Manager of the station from where the journey is to commence .
* The application should give the required details such as destination , route to be followed and halts enroute
* The application must be submitted at least 30 days in advance and not more than 6 months prior to the commencement of the journey .
* The application should be accompanied by a security deposit of Rs 9,00,000 per train ( Rs 50,000/- per coach )
* Mail / Express adult fares will be levied on point to point basis for the carrying capacity of the coach or actual numbers of passengers travelling , whichever is more . No concession will be granted to Students / Senior Citizens / Freedom Fighters etc.
The cost of booking a special train will vary with the distance to be covered . The charges will include fare , 30% service charge on fare , safety surcharge , detention charge and empty haulage charges etc. . The stipulated charges must be paid at least 48 hrs.in advance of the departure of the special train .