Tatkal scheme provides exclusive Tatkal quota in all Mail / Express trains including Rajdhani /Shatabdi / Jan Shatabdi / Duronto / Garib Rath Express in 2A /3A / SL /CC / EC and 2S classes.
The Tatkal charges have been fixed as percentage of fare at the rate of 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of basic fare for all other class subject to minimum distance criteria for booking ticket under Tatkal Scheme as minimum and maximum charges as tabulated below.
Class of Travel
Minimum distance for charges in KM
Minimum Tatkal chargesin Rs
Maximum Tatkal Charges in Rs
AC Chair Car
AC 3 Tier Economy
AC 2 Tier
However there is no such restriction for Tatkal scheme in passenger trains .
In case the total run of the train is less than the distance restriction , in that case the end to end fare i.e. from originating to destination station will be charged .
The same Tatkal berth / seat may be booked in multiple legs till preparation of charts.
at the time of preparation of charts, unutilized portion may be released to the General
RAC / Waiting list passengers.
SALIENT FEATURES OF NEW TATKAL SCHEME
Reservation can be done from any PRS/ Counter as well as through Internet .
Available to full fare paying passengers only - not for concessional ticket holders.
Reservation starts at 10 AM on the previous day of journey from train originating station AC Class whereas that for non- AC classes will start at 11 AM .
No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets except in following circumstances.
i ) Train delayed by more than 3hrs .
ii) Passenger not provided accommodation in the same class .
iii) Passenger provided accommodation in lower class but doesn't want to travel .
iv) Train is to run via diverted route
* In case of cancellation of partially confirmed Tatkal ticket refund for only waiting list Tatkal ticket will be given . Facility of change of name is not provided.
* There is no need to furnish photocopy of proof of identity while booking Tatkal ticket from computerized reservation counter or to indicate its number at the time of booking of Tatkal Ticket at the counter or through internet. In case of ticket booked under tatkal scheme, one of the passengers has to produce any of the following proofs of identity in original during the journey , falling which all the passengers booked on that ticket will be treated as traveling without ticket and charged fare and penalty as per rule .
1. Voter Photo Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India .
3. PAN CARD issued by Income Tax Department .
4. Driving License issued by R.T.O.
5. Photo Identity Card having serial number issued by Central / State Government .
6. Student identity card issued by recognized school / college for their students.
7. Nationalized Bank Pass Book with photograph
8. Credit cards issued Banks with laminated photograph.
9. Unique identification card "Aadhar".
10. Photo identity cards having serial. number. issued by Public Sector Undertakings of State / Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations.
All type of ticketing agents ( YTSK, RTSA,IRCTC Agent Etc ) have been debarred from booking tickets during the first thirty minutes of opening of booking i.e. 10.00 -10.30hrs for AC class Tatkal booking , 11.00-11.30hrs for Non- AC Tatkal booking.
The web service agents of IRCTC will be permitted to book only one (1) Tatkal tickets per trains per day on the internet. Maximum of four (4) passengers per PNR will be booked for Tatkal tickets.
No refund will be given for duplicate tatkal tickets even if original ticket is found. Issue of duplicate tatkal ticket in exceptional circumstances would be on collection of full fare and tatkal charges by the user to whom the privileges (Preferably Chief Reservation Supervisor ) would be assigned by Railways .
PREMIUM TATKAL QUOTA
Premium Tatkal Quota on Dynamic pricing Policy has already been introduced by 20 trains over S.E.Rly system i.e. 12130 HWH- PUNE AZAD HIND EXP , 12863 HWH- YPR Express, 12860 HWH- CSTM Gitanjali Express, 12841 HWH- MAS Coromandel Express , 12703 HWH- SC Faluknama Express , 12245 HWH – YPR Duronto Express, 18047 HWH – Vasco Amravati Express, 18189 TATA – Alappuzha Express, 12834 HWH- ADI Express, 12839 HWH- MAS Mail , 22851 SRC – MAQ Vivek Express, 12810 HWH- CSTM Mail , 22642 SHM- TVC Express , 12660 SHM – NCJ Gurudev Express , 12906 HWH – PBR / OKHA Express , 18645 HWH – HYB East Coast Express, 12835 HTE-YPR Express, 22817 HWH- MYS Express, 12102 HWH- LTT Jnaneswari Express & 12889 TATA – YPR Express.
*Booking against PT is available through Internet only.
*Dynamic Pricing Scheme is a distance Slab based fare scheme where the fare shall increase by 20% after each slab of 10% berths are sold subject to the maximum fare chargeable (CAP ) on DynamicPricing .
*There is no provision to generate Waitlisted ticket against Premium Tatkal Quota (PT )
*All other rules applicable to Tatkal Booking is applicable to Premium Tatkal.