SHOPS AND UNITS
- Periodic overhauling of various types of coaching stock viz. AC/Non-AC, EMU Motor/Trailer, MEMUs,DEMUs, SP-ART, SP-ARME, Tower Cars coaches and conversion of Coaches for special purposes.
- POH of Wagons of Railways and Public Sector Undertakings,
- NPOH of Wagons of Railways and Rebuilding of BOXN Wagons.
ELECTRIC LOCO POH
- The erstwhile Steam Loco Shop has been converted to suit the activities of Electrical Locos and accordingly Shop-No-12 of ERS-POH/KGP has started POH of Electric Locomotives since 1985 to cater the requirement of Electric Locomotives of S.E.Rly. Subsequently after gaining experience, POH capacity was increased to 3 Locos per month. At present the Shop capacity is enhanced to 5 Locos per month.
- Earlier ERS-POH carried out POH of WAM4, WAG5 &WAG7 Class of Locos, from the year 2007-08,POH of WAP4 Locos have also undertaken.
DIESEL LOCO POH
- POH of Diesel Locomotives of South Eastern, North Eastern and Northeast Frontier Railways and Public Sector Undertakings.
- Re-winding of Traction Generator and Traction Motors of WDM2 Locomotives.
- Manufacture of coils for Traction Machines.
- Electric supply to Workshop and Division through 33/11 KV receiving Sub-Station.
- Standby Electric supply through 4 Diesel Generating sets of 1750 KW each.
- Maintenance of cranes, traversers and electrical components of various machines and plants of the entire Workshop.
- Repair and re-winding of all distribution transformers, pumps, industrial motors, DG sets, alternators and welding plants of S.E.Rly.
- POH of Electrical portion of coaches.
- Smithy Shop- Repairs of Laminated Bearing Springs.
- Machine Shop-Machining and finishing of components.
- Plate Shop-Plate work and fabrication
- Wheel Shop-Repairs of wheel-sets
- Loco Bogie Shop-Repair of Diesel and Electric Loco Bogies.
MACHINARY & PLANTS
- Maintenance of approximately 1200 Machines & Plants.
- POH of Tower Wagons @ 1 pm
I T CENTRE
- Responsibility of complete computerization and Implementation of WISE-II at Kharagpur Workshop. WISE (Workshop Information SystEm) is a ERP/SAP based Shop Application for Workshop Users and Portal based Central Application on Railnet for Workshop, Railway Board, Zonal HQ, Divisions, RDSO & Production Units.
- Incentive Bills of 5085 employees of the Workshop.
- Maintenance of local area network of Kharagpur Workshop.
- RAILNET Services to all the branch officers and imporatant units of Kharagpur Workshop.
- Design, development and maintenance of website of Kharagpur Workshop.
- Responsiblity for managing the Human Resource of the Workshop.
CENTRAL TESTING LAB
- Quality control on the items manufactured in the Workshops.
- Qualitative inspection of products and raw materials purchased from outside.
- Physical and Metallurgical analysis of defective components.
- Chemical analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous material, coke, clay, acid, foundry flux, etc.
- Testing of paints, enamels, varnishes, thinner, etc.
- Testing of oil, grease, polymer, rubber, plastic and other metallic compounds.
- 100% Ultrasonic testing of Axles during POH
- Testing of bond strength of suspension bearings.
- Quality checks on raw materials and products of Foundry.
- Initial training of Apprentice Section Engineers and Junior Engineers, Assistant Diesel Drivers and Act Apprentices.
- Refresher Courses for subordinate Engineers, Technicians and Drivers.
- Promotional courses for Subordinate Engineers and Technicians.
- Special training programmes for subordinate Engineers.
- State- of- the- art training labs have been made for Air conditioning and C&W topics.
Developed and Powered By U K Mishra, I T Centre, Kharagpur Workshop, S. E. Railway.
Copying the contents of this site without permission may invite legal action against the offender.
Source : South Eastern Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed on: 05-06-2014