The Office of the Dy. FA&CAO (W/S)/KGP is being managed by Sr. AFA (Co-Ordination), Sr. AFA(Computer) & two AFAs at Kharagpur Workshop and one AFA at SINY. The Office caters to the accounts and financial requirements of the Kharagpur Workshop, Wagon Shop, Kharagpur, SupervisorsTraining Centre, Kharagpur, Stores Depots of entire South Eastern Railway, Printing Press Kharagpur, Wagon Repair Shop Adra, DEMU Haldia, Engineering Workshop SNY, XEN/TT/KGP, TT Organisation at SNY, Flush Butt Welding Plant/ JSG and all Rolling stock works of Diesel shed of Bokaro and Bandamunda and all M&P works of S.E Rly.
- Periodic overhauling of various types of coaching stock viz. AC/Non-AC, EMU Motor/Trailer, MEMUs,DEMUs, SP-ART, SP-ARME, Tower Cars coaches and conversion of Coaches for special purposes.
- POH of Wagons of Railways and Public Sector Undertakings,
- NPOH of Wagons of Railways and Rebuilding of BOXN Wagons.
ELECTRIC LOCO POH
- The erstwhile Steam Loco Shop has been converted to suit the activities of Electrical Locos and accordingly Shop-No-12 of ERS-POH/KGP has started POH of Electric Locomotives since 1985 to cater the requirement of Electric Locomotives of S.E.Rly. Subsequently after gaining experience, POH capacity was increased to 3 Locos per month. At present the Shop capacity is enhanced to 5 Locos per month.
- Earlier ERS-POH carried out POH of WAM4, WAG5 &WAG7 Class of Locos, from the year 2007-08,POH of WAP4 Locos have also undertaken.
DIESEL LOCO POH
- POH of Diesel Locomotives of South Eastern, North Eastern and Northeast Frontier Railways and Public Sector Undertakings.
- Re-winding of Traction Generator and Traction Motors of WDM2 Locomotives.
- Manufacture of coils for Traction Machines.
- Electric supply to Workshop and Division through 33/11 KV receiving Sub-Station.
- Standby Electric supply through 4 Diesel Generating sets of 1750 KW each.
- Maintenance of cranes, traversers and electrical components of various machines and plants of the entire Workshop.
- Repair and re-winding of all distribution transformers, pumps, industrial motors, DG sets, alternators and welding plants of S.E.Rly.
- POH of Electrical portion of coaches.
- Smithy Shop- Repairs of Laminated Bearing Springs.
- Machine Shop-Machining and finishing of components.
- Plate Shop-Plate work and fabrication
- Wheel Shop-Repairs of wheel-sets
- Loco Bogie Shop-Repair of Diesel and Electric Loco Bogies.
MACHINARY & PLANTS
- Maintenance of approximately 1200 Machines & Plants.
- POH of Tower Wagons @ 1 pm
I T CENTRE
- Maintenance of local area network of Kharagpur Workshop.
- RAILNET Services to all the branch officers and imporatant units of Kharagpur Workshop.
- Design, development and maintenance of website of Kharagpur Workshop.
- Responsiblity for managing the Human Resource of the Workshop.
CENTRAL TESTING LAB
- Quality control on the items manufactured in the Workshops.
- Qualitative inspection of products and raw materials purchased from outside.
- Physical and Metallurgical analysis of defective components.
- Chemical analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous material, coke, clay, acid, foundry flux, etc.
- Testing of paints, enamels, varnishes, thinner, etc.
- Testing of oil, grease, polymer, rubber, plastic and other metallic compounds.
- 100% Ultrasonic testing of Axles during POH
- Testing of bond strength of suspension bearings.
- Quality checks on raw materials and products of Foundry.
- Initial training of Apprentice Section Engineers and Junior Engineers, Assistant Diesel Drivers and Act Apprentices.
- Refresher Courses for subordinate Engineers, Technicians and Drivers.
- Promotional courses for Subordinate Engineers and Technicians.
- Special training programmes for subordinate Engineers.
- State- of- the- art training labs have been made for Air conditioning and C&W topics.
Source : South Eastern Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed on: 26-12-2017